STOP! DO NOT BUY NEW CANNING EQUIPMENT BEFORE READING THIS:
Whether you’re a seasoned craft brewer looking to upgrade your current equipment, planning to expand to meet increasing demand or a first-time canner taking their first steps, it is important you make the correct choices when selecting your canning line equipment.
As with most things, there is a myriad of can line equipment available at a range of price points and build quality levels. While buying cheaper machine can initially appear an attractive choice, careful consideration of the points below will hopefully demonstrate there is more to selecting the best equipment for you than the initial price and provide you with a useful insight into the overall package on offer prior to any purchase: –
- Is an adequate technical support package available from the machine manufacturer?
- Is the machine manufacturer committed to a program of continuous improvement?
Is there a readily available supply and fit spares service on offer?
- Will the machine cope with any future increases in production you may need?
- Is adequate & suitable documentation, machine manuals, setting guides etc, readily available from the manufacturer
- Can the manufacturer offer on or off-site training and technical support?
- Does the machine manufacturer offer local, UK based support to promptly & efficiently deal with any issues you may face?
- Will the machine manufacturer endeavour to provide technical assistance covering your complete canning line, not just the particular machine you purchased from them?
Taken as an overall package, purchasing the best quality equipment will always prove to be the prudent, cost-effective option and will provide longevity and reliability. This combined with helpful finance options and a range of comprehensive service packages means buying the best is not only a wise decision but a sound economic choice.